Reel Librarians just turned five!!!!! (One exclamation point for every year, and many more… 😉 )
Scroll down to the bottom of this post for GIVEAWAY info, or take the scenic route and soak up some blogiversary stats.
“Summer of Nostalgia” round-up
Click the links below if you’d like to catch up on all the previous posts in my “Summer of Nostalgia” blog tour and revisiting favorites from five years of analyzing and blogging about reel librarians.
I ended up choosing 2 posts from 2011; 3 posts from 2012; 3 posts from 2013; 2 posts from 2014; and 1 post each from 2015 and 2016.
- Revisiting favorites | A summer of nostalgia
- Revisiting favorites | Soul and inspiration, Nov. 7, 2011
- Revisiting favorites | A brief encounter, Nov. 28, 2011
- Revisiting favorites | Comparing two desk sets, Jan. 26, 2012
- Revisiting favorites | Marian or Marion?, May 28, 2012
- Revisiting favorites | Harry Potter librarian, Dec. 4, 2012
- Revisiting favorites | The shushing librarian, Feb. 5, 2013
- Revisiting favorites | Serial killer librarian, Oct. 30, 2013
- Revisiting favorites | Nancy Drew as librarian, Dec. 3, 2013
- Revisiting favorites | Pride and Prejudice librarian, Feb. 18, 2014
- Revisiting favorites | WarGames and research, Dec. 31, 2014
- Revisiting favorites | Mandy the Mormon librarian, Aug. 26, 2015
- Revisiting favorites | Spotlight on a news library, May 4, 2016
Quick stats comparison:
Looking back over the previous “blog anniversary” posts, I decided to do a little comparison to see how this blog has grown:
|Total views on busiest day:
|| 219 (April 10, 2012)
||2,448 (August 22, 2013)
|| 153 posts + 21 pages
|| 366 posts + 21 pages
|Daily visits, average:
Previous blog anniversary posts:
Top 10 most popular posts this past year:
- The Killing Kind vs. The Attic — still going strong with over 10,000 total views
- Librarian t-shirt collection — over 1,700 views this past year and over 4,000 total views
- Marian or Marion? — over 1,400 views this year and almost 4,500 total views (and one of my personal favorites!)
- Naughty Librarians (ladies, take it away)
- The Jedi librarian
- You, Me, Dupree, and the Naughty Librarian (another one of my personal favorites!)
- First impressions: Monsters University
- Harry Potter and Madam Pince (another one of my personal favorites!)
- Reel librarians with ‘A Bone to Pick’
- How to spot the difference between a bookstore and a library onscreen
5th blog anniversary GIVEAWAY:
To help celebrate five years of reel librarian fun and film analyses, I am also personally hosting a giveaway, to help say THANK YOU to all the readers and followers of this website and blog.
One lucky reader will win a $25 e-gift card from one of my favorite online stores, Out of Print, which offers literary-themed t-shirts, tote bags, coffee mugs, and other items.
Out of Print has items with artwork from classic works, like Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice (I have the purple P&P tee), literary terms (my husband owns the “Plot” tee), as well as collections like the Library Collection (I have the library stamp tee, library card socks, and library card pouch from this collection) and the Banned Books Collection (I also have the banned books pouch).
Note: Out of Print is not sponsoring this giveaway or this site. I’m just a personal fan! The e-gift card giveaway prize is coming out of my own pocket, as a personal thank you to readers.
This giveaway opens today and will be open through next Tuesday, Sept. 27, at 10 p.m. PST. This giveaway is also open to international readers. The winner will be chosen at random, and I will contact the winner by email soon after the giveaway closes. I will post the winner and winning entry on this blog on Wednesday morning, Sept. 28.
Leave a comment on this post to let me know how you follow the Reel Librarians website and blog (via email, WordPress reader, Pinterest, Bloglovin, visiting weekly, or some other way — or even if this is your first time!).
(Please note that the comment box requires an email address, but this info is not open to the general public.)
Bonus entries (3 more chances to win!):
- Leave a separate comment on this post about one of your favorite posts on this blog. In your comment, please include the post link and a bit about why it’s one of your personal faves.
- Share this giveaway via Twitter and/or Facebook, and leave a separate comment on this post with applicable links.
- Browse the Out of Print website and leave a separate comment on this post with a favorite item from the site.
Thanks for reading, and thanks for entering the giveaway! Good luck, and I’ll be back next week with the winner of the 5th anniversary giveaway! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀