Reel Librarians celebrates its 8th blog anniversary next week! I published my first post on Reel Librarians back on September 19th, 2011, with the “Where do I begin? A love story.” post, which also details how my interest in reel librarians began.
This year has definitely been one for unexpected journeys. I put Reel Librarians on a “private” mode hiatus for four months, from Dec. 2018 through March 2019. During that (unforeseen but necessary) downtime, I updated lots of things on the site, which you can read all about here in this April 1, 2019 post. I also announced a new bimonthly posting schedule, with new posts going live on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month.
I still feel like I’m in a rebuilding mode for Reel Librarians, but “slow and steady” has always been my personal preference. 🙂 Looking back over the previous “blog anniversary” posts, linked below, here is an update on how this blog has grown over the years.
|2012 (after 1 year)||2019 (after 8 years)|
Previous blog anniversary posts
Want to relive past blog-iversary celebrations? Browse below:
- 2012: Celebrate! One year blog-iversary
- 2013: Happy anniversary + reel librarian giveaway
- 2014: Reel Librarians blog turns 3!
- 2015: Celebrating four years of Reel Librarians!
- 2016: 5th blog anniversary + giveaway
- 2017: 6th blog anniversary celebration + GIVEAWAY
- 2018: Reel Librarians turns 7!
Top 10 most popular posts this past year:
- First impressions: ‘Hidden Figures’ and its library scene (Feb. 2017) — this post has topped the charts for the 2nd year in a row!
- Books and book-burning in ‘Fahrenheit 451’ (May 2017)
- Marian or Marion? (May 2012)
- Reel archivist in ‘Blade Runner 2049’ (Aug. 2018) — cracking the top 10 for the first time!
- Angels in the library in ‘Wings of Desire’ (Jan. 2018) — another first-timer in the top 10!
- First impressions: Monsters University (July 2013) — a perennially popular post
- Librarian t-shirt collection (Aug. 2014) — everyone loves a librarian-themed tee, right? 😉
- The Jedi librarian (March 2013)
- Naughty Librarians (ladies, take it away) (March 2012) — the earliest post making the list
- The Killing Kind vs. The Attic (Oct. 2013)
Thank you all for reading, whether it’s your first or eighth year! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
6 thoughts on “‘Reel Librarians’ blog turns 8!”
Congratulations! Here’s to another eight years.
Thanks, Emily! 😀 😀 😀