My, how time flies! This week, we celebrate the second anniversary of Reel Librarians. 😀
And even though we turn two, there have been a lot of firsts and milestones this year, including:
- Responding to readers’ questions in this Q&A post
- Throwing down the gauntlet in a reel librarian trivia challenge
- Peeking behind the curtain in a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into a film analysis post
- Feeling the love with an in-depth interview + an additional feature on INALJ.com, plus a shout-out on American Libraries Direct
And there’s another first in store, to help celebrate — the first Reel Librarians giveaway! Remember this past summer, when my husband and I scored our very own Lego Librarian? We also were able to score ANOTHER Lego Librarian, and I had the idea of saving it for a celebratory giveaway. Now that time has come! 😀
This giveaway for your very own Lego Librarian will be open until Sept. 26, 2013, at midnight, which will mark a full week after this site’s second-year anniversary. This giveaway is also open to international readers, and I will personally cover shipping costs. The winner will be chosen at random, and I will contact the winner by email soon after the giveaway closes. (Please note that the comment box requires an email address, but this info is not open to the general public.)
- Submit a comment below with your favorite reel librarian movie, and why. (Stumped for options? Check out my Reel Substance section here or the Master List here, or perhaps my own Best & Worst lists.)
- Submit a separate comment letting me know what you enjoy most about this Reel Librarians site
- Follow Reel Librarians via email, and leave a separate comment letting me know
- Share this giveaway via Twitter and/or Facebook, and leave separate comments with applicable links
Now it’s time for rolling out some stats:
- Over 25,000 total views this past year (and almost 43,000 views all-time)
- 2,248 views on my busiest day (August 22, 2013)
- 277 comments total
- 210 posts (not including this one) + 21 pages
- 1,124 shares
- 67 visits daily average
- 236 followers
Top 10 most popular posts & pages:
- Home page / Archives — over 13,000 views!
- Naughty Librarians (ladies, take it away) — over 1,200 views!
- Guest post: Beautiful libraries
- Female Character Types
- Class I
- Best & Worst
- Master List
- What’s in a name?
- Marian or Marion?
Is your favorite on the list? And for fun comparison, please check out blog update posts at 1 month, the end of 2011, 6 months, and at this blog’s first-year anniversary.
20 thoughts on “Happy anniversary + reel librarian giveaway”
My kids are 4 and 7, so I’m going to go for the unconventional equine scholar-librarian Twilight Sparkle in the two-part My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic tv movie. Thanks to Twilight’s enormous knowledge base gained through extensive reading (facilitated by living in a library in a tree), she alone knows the significance of Nightmare Moon’s return to Equestria. She makes friends with five other ponies, and together, they join forces to defeat the eternal night and bring back the day. It never would have happened if Twilight Sparkle didn’t read about it in a book in her library and then gathered friends to help her cause. Twilight Sparkle isn’t expressly designated as a librarian, but she does live in a library in a tree and her friends all visit her library in various episodes to consult her books to find answers to their problems.
I like the classical librarian in the “Music Man” film. Marian the librarian is a cool lady and has her own song, too.
I also subscribed to the Reel Librarian by email. Thank you.
Sharing the contest on Facebook, too. I’m a reference librarian and would love to win one of the Lego ones.
My favorite reel librarian movie is definitely Party Girl. (And I didn’t even have to consult your archives to come up with it!) What’s not to love…so funny, so of the (1995) moment. And a good moral tale of libraries shaping the wayward youth. 😉
I have two favorites: Desk Set for old school style, and The Mummy for librarian in action. When I had cable, I could never pass up a rerun of The Mummy!
Desk Set, natch! I love every Hepburn and Tracy movie, and this one is no exception. Bunny rocks.
I’m so bad about seeing movies that I hadn’t seen any until I got to Juno on the list! I think I need to watch a few more movies! I don’t remember the librarian in Juno, but I’ve got to go with it since it’s the first one I’ve seen on there! =)
I guess my favorite library film is Ghostbusters, Jennifer. Please sign me up for the Lego Librarian contest. Jan Marie
My favorite “reel librarian” movie is PARTY GIRL.
I’d love my very own Lego Librarian!
Very cool! I’m not a huge movie watcher, but I do love National Treasure. 🙂
Yay! I’m a big fan of the spooky librarian from Ghostbusters, if only because she seems to love shushing people – even from beyond.
Ghostbusters. While the stereotyping is a shame, it’s such a memorable scene from a great movie.
I have been admiring the Lego Librarian for awhile now and would love to add one to my library workspace.
I am a total dork and I think he’s really more an archivist than a librarian, but I would have to say Flynn Carsen from The Librarian is my favourite. He’s about as non-librarian as you can get with regard to stereotyping, and I’m down with that!