Can you believe it, Reel Librarians is celebrating its first decade?! Ten years ago, on September 19, 2011, I published my very first post, “Where do I begin? A love story” on Reel Librarians. That post also explains the background about my interest in reel librarians.
Collage caption: Lego Librarian celebrates 10 years of Reel Librarians!
Here is an update on how this blog has grown over the years. The total word count is new, and I added it because I thought it was fun!
|2012 (after 1 year)||2021 (after 10 years)|
|Total word count:||28,448||488,689|
(Note: It looks like WordPress has changed how it calculates shares, so I took that one out of this annual “Quick stats” update.)
Top 10 most popular posts this past year:
- Books and book-burning in ‘Fahrenheit 451’ — originally published May 2017
- The dragon lady librarian in ‘The Golden Child’ — originally published June 2019
- First impressions: ‘Hidden Figures’ and its library scene — originally published Feb. 2017
- Smelling a rat in ‘Homicide’ — originally published April 2012
- Angels in the library in ‘Wings of Desire’ — originally published Jan. 2018
- ‘It’s a wonderful’… stereotype? — originally published Sept. 2011
- A closer look at the reel librarians in the original ‘Ghostbusters’ — originally published July 2017
- Librarian t-shirt collection — originally published Aug. 2014
- A closer look at the library scene in ‘Hidden Figures’ (2016) — originally published March 2021
- ‘You, Me and Dupree’ — and the Naughty Librarian — originally published Aug. 2015
Previous blog anniversary posts
Want to relive past blog-iversary celebrations? Browse below:
- 2012: Celebrate! One year blog-iversary
- 2013: Happy anniversary + reel librarian giveaway
- 2014: Reel Librarians blog turns 3!
- 2015: Celebrating four years of Reel Librarians!
- 2016: 5th blog anniversary + giveaway
- 2017: 6th blog anniversary celebration + GIVEAWAY
- 2018: Reel Librarians turns 7!
- 2019: ‘Reel Librarians’ blog turns 8!
- 2020: ‘Reel Librarians’ blog turns 9!
Thank you all for reading, whether it’s your first or tenth year! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
10 thoughts on “‘Reel Librarians’ blog turns 10!”
Congratulations! That’s a real achievement. Both blogging for ten years as well as the numbers that you showed/achieve.
Thanks, Nicole! My fave stat is the new one that shows how many words I’ve written over the years! 🙂
Congratulations on a decade. I don’t recall exactly how my hyperlink travels brought me to your blog a year ago, but I’m glad it did.
I’m so glad the interwebs led you to my blog! And I love that you have a niche movie interest, too, and write about sports movies. 🙂
Thank you kindly. ^_^
I am always happy to see a post notification in my inbox.
Lovely comment, thank you, Heather! 🙂
Congrats on ten years! My blog hasn’t even been around two years yet, but I’m always inspired to keep going when reading your blogposts.
Thanks, Burkely! I appreciate your support, as well as the titles you send me to update the lists on my site! 🙂