As Valentine’s Day approaches next week, I am revisiting and updating a post I put together a couple of Valentine’s Days ago: a round-up of romance-themed posts from my blog archives. Enjoy the love! ♥
Reel librarians in love
A round-up of films featuring reel librarians in love, including the appropriately named Love Story (1970).
A love song for a librarian
This post explores a few love songs inspired by librarians, including “Heaven Sent” by INXS (1992).
Romance and the reel librarian
A post lookin’ for love — or rather, romance films featuring reel librarians.
Casanova, the lover and the librarian
In this post about “the world’s greatest lover,” I explore the 2005 film Casanova, starring the late Heath Ledger as the title character. I also delve into how the real-life Casanova spent the last dozen or so years of his life as a private librarian (!).
Love story analysis posts
I’ve also analyzed in-depth several love stories featuring reel librarians, in parts both major and minor, including:
- The ultimate cult classic romance, Somewhere in Time (1980)
- The romantic drama The Time Traveler’s Wife (2009)
- The romantic comedy Chances Are (1989)
- The so-bad-it’s-BAD romantic drama At First Sight (1999)
- The romantic Italian escapade Rome Adventure (1962)
- The fairy tale romance Ever After (1998)
- The classic romance Brief Encounter (1945)
- The lesbian-centered romance Bloomington (2010)
- The love triangle (or perhaps quadrangle?) in the British mini-series The Norman Conquests (1977)
- The teen romantic drama Pretty in Pink (1986)
- The sweeping love-story-for-the-ages in The Age of Adaline (2015)
- The mature love story at the center of Enough Said (2013)
- The “drawing room” romance in Pride and Prejudice (1940)
- The quirky romantic comedy 2 Brothers and a Bride (2003)