If you’re a regular reader — as always, thank you! — then you know that I highlight scary movies every October. You’ll also know that every few months, I do a reader poll, when I ask readers to vote for the next film for me to analyze. This year, I’m combining both traditions!
I’ve pulled together four scary movies that include reel librarian portrayals. Now is the time to choose your next adventure, scary movie edition!
The following titles are from my personal collection:
- Public Access (1993) — suspense thriller
- A stranger arrives in the sleepy, small town of Brewster and stirs up dark secrets with his public access TV show that asks, “What’s wrong with Brewster?” He dates the shy, young town librarian.
- Director Bryan Singer’s first feature-length film
- Shadows in the Storm (1988) — suspense thriller
- Ned Beatty has a chance encounter with a beautiful young woman (Mia Sara) and begins an affair. The nightmare begins when he is blackmailed by a mysterious caller…
- Although described on the video case as a businessman, he’s described on the Librarians in the Movies: An Annotated Bibliography site as “a Donne-quoting librarian.” We shall see?
- Transylvania Twist (1989) — horror comedy
- Horror film spoof from legendary Hollywood producer Roger Corman (The Little Shop of Horrors)
- Angus Scrimm plays Stefen, a librarian from Transylvania who tries to collect the fines on a book that’s 200 years overdue!
- Wilderness (1996) — horror drama
- Amanda Ooms plays Alice White, a librarian at a British university, who has a dark secret: she locks herself away every month when she transforms into a werewolf!
- Originally a three-part British mini-series, I have a copy of the abridged movie version released in the U.S.
What should I watch next? You decide!
The poll will stay open through this week, and I will reveal the winner next Wednesday.
Browse through all my posts tagged “reader poll” if you’re interested in past reader polls.