I thought this Vintage Sexism: Through the Looking Glasses post on the ModCloth blog raised some interesting questions while featuring vintage ads about spectacles and style. One vintage ad equated women wearing glasses to men having scars. Gah!
And most interesting of all, in this short piece about bespectacled stereotypes, no mention of librarians. Progress? 😉
- Vintage Sexism: Through the Looking Glasses (modcloth.com)
- Get Ready to Geek Out, Because It’s ModCloth Geek Week! (modcloth.com)
- What I Wore: Librarian-Chic (thewindowshopper.org)
- I should have been a librarian (missddaily.wordpress.com)
- What 21st Century Librarians Are Wearing (live.wsj.com)